Property Insurance Claims

  • PDF

Insurance Law: Helping You With Insurance Loss Claims

When your property sustains fire or flood damage, you turn to your insurance company to pay your claim so you can repair the damage and move on with your life. What can you do if your insurance company refuses to pay the full value of your claim? At Jack Wang Law Office, we have helped many clients in BC's Port Coquitlam and Tri-Cities areas in their disputes with insurance companies.

We know that this is a difficult time in your life. We will be there for you at every stage of your dispute with your insurance company. As your lawyer, we will keep you informed about the progress of your case and advocate for you when you need it most.

Maximizing Your Chances For A Good Insurance Settlement

Our experience in dealing with insurance companies enables us to deal with issues the insurance company is likely to raise against you. These issues include:

  • The value of a property-insurance claim — the insurance company may disagree with your assessment of the value of your claim.

  • Whether a claim is covered under the policy

  • Whether you have lived up to your obligations under the policy

We will assist you to respond to the insurance company's responses to your claim by:

  • determining if your claim is covered by your insurance policy

  • establishing whether you have lived up to your obligations under the policy

  • preparing evidence that supports your claim

  • presenting your evidence to the company

  • representing you in court in an action against the company's denial that you are covered

  • pursuing other options, such as independent appraisal of the damage to your property

You are here: Services